Thursday, September 29, 2011
I Was Framed
They look really cute just "stuck" on the wall, so I thought they would just be crazy cute in a frame. I went to the actual Target to decide on frames and ended up with a 12 x 12 shadowbox. I thought the little bit of shadow would be nice and since the tiles were a shy under 11 inches square, there would be a small border. The good news: there were some 12 x 12 shadowboxes, the bad news: there were 4....and they were black. Anyhow, I bought them and just kept checking back online to see if they had come into stock. After about a week, they had, so I ran back up to Target and good news: the frames were back in stock, bad news: there were only 4 again! UGH! See I had 9 tiles to frame and I really didn't want to wait another week to get one so I happened on some discount art pieces and one was a 12 x 12 shadowbox frame with some questionable art in it. It was the same depth as the other frames and I knew I could make it work. Hindsight, I kinda wish I had waited those extra seven days because that one frame was a bother! The original eight frames were no trouble to disassemble. I just undid the back prongs and slid the glass and backing out. They were ready to go at this point. However, that ONE framed art piece was different. I had to cut the backing off, since it was not meant to be removable. Then tape around the glass that could not be removed. I used painters tape and it had to go on the front and back of the glass so that I could completely spray the black away.