The next step was to take regular sized white coffee filters and crumple them by poking my finger into the center of the filter and gathering the filter around my finger to form a badminton shaped cone. I made about 40 of these at a time and just put them in a nearby basket while my glue gun warmed up. Then I placed a small dot of hot glue onto the pointed center of the coffee filter and held it in place for a few seconds until it set on the paper lantern. I tried to initially do a tight pattern so that it would look full but found this to be almost impossible because the glue took longer to set than I thought and I would accidentally keep knocking pieces off. The winning combination turned out to be gluing the filters close together completly around the ball and then the next day go in and fill in where there were holes. Like I said earlier, this took a few days, so I was filling in for two good days. The next three days were spent pulling off strands of hot glue that seemed to multiply.
Here is the coffee filter poof finished just hanging from Em's ceiling fan to see how it looked in the room. I still haven't gotten it attached to a permanent light source but I wanted to know what the glow would look like so I took the lamp shade off of the desk light and placed the poof over it. It was so purty and the filtered (hehehe) light was just beautiful.